Everyone is familiar with the greatness and glory of Vaishno Devi Shrine. Since ages, millions of devotees visit the Vaishno Devi temple to seek the blessing of Maa Vaishno Devi. It is believed that every desire a devotee asks for in the temple of Vaishno Devi is fulfilled by the deity. The eternal faith and devotion in the greatness and magnificence of Maa Vaishno Devi attract millions of devotees from all over the world throughout the year. Our Vaishno Devi Yatra tour takes you on a mesmerising journey to the Vaishno Devi temple.
The journey to the shrine is equally majestic. The scenic beauty of the surroundings, the bliss of the sun peeking through the mountains and the magic of the greenery all around fill every soul with eternal joy. The pilgrims include small children to elderly people. It is believed that the deity bestows the necessary strength and courage for climbing the 16 km trek from Katra to every visitor who comes with devotion and love. It feels great to trek the stretch with many other pilgrims walking along the same path. As you enter Katra, you can feel the vibes of spirituality and vibrancy in the atmosphere of the town.
Vaishno Devi is one among the 108 Shakti Peeth of goddess Durga located in a cave. The way uphill to the Vaishno Devi cave is reverberated with the sounds of ‘Jai Mata Di’ by the groups of pilgrims as they move forward towards the temple. The entire trekking path is paved with many small shops that sell refreshing drinks, snacks, religious products, and food items for the pilgrims. All along the trek pilgrims march the way singing in
the praise of their deity Maa Vaishno Devi. The experience of being in the group is one of a kind and not to be missed. Be a part of the mesmerising journey with our Vaishno Devi tour.
What is included in the tour
- Accommodation and inclusive meals
- Transfers and sightseeing tours
- Local guides fluent in English and Hindi for tours & transfers
- Entrance fees for scheduled visits
- Potable water and snacks
- Baggage handling, room tax, service charges
What is NOT included in the tour
- Flights, visas and travel insurance
- Surcharges on services if any
- Personal expenses and gratuities
- Any meals or services not mentioned in the schedule
- Woollen clothing, personal medicines, and toiletries
- A visit to Vaishno Devi Cave Temple
- A visit to Bhairavnath Temple
- A visit to Ardh Kumari Temple
- Explore important heritage spots in Katra
- Pick souvenirs from the local market in Katra
- Upon arrival at the Delhi railway station, board the 3-tier AC coach to Katra. The train will take around 13 hours to reach Jammu. You will be provided meal and bedding in the coach. The train will reach Jammu station by early morning the next day.
- Meals: Lunch and Dinner are provided
- Your train will arrive at the Jammu railway station early morning. Our tour guide will pick you from the railway station to drop you comfortably at your hotel in Katra. Enroute we will have a short stopover at the Saraswati Dham. Here, we will collect the Yatra parchi. You will reach your hotel after a drive of 1 hour 30 minutes from the Jammu station. Complete the check-in formalities and relax for sometime before you embark on a blissful trekking tour to Maa Vaishno Devi temple. Your tour guide will take you from the hotel and drop you at the Banganga from where you will start your trek. It will take you around 5-6 hours to walk the 16 Kms trek for reaching the Vaishno Devi Cave temple. You also have an option to ride a pony or hire a palki at the start of the trek. Enjoy sumptuous delicacies at various eateries
in your way to the temple. On reaching the temple, join the row to enter the Darbar. You will find three pindis or idols representing Goddess Mahakali, Goddess Mahalakshmi, and Goddess Mahasaraswati. The three idols represent 3 different forms of Shakti namely rajas, tamas, and sattva guna. Prostrate and pay homage to the deity and share your desires that you want to be answered. We will rest for the night at the Vaishno Devi Bhawan to leave early morning.
- Meals: Breakfast and lunch are provided
- Wake up early in the morning to start your trek upwards to the Bhairavnath temple. It is believed that a visit to the Vaishno Devi Temple is incomplete without paying a visit to the Bhairavnath temple. The temple is dedicated to Baba Bhairavnath, a demon who turned into a saint. According to Hindu mythology, goddess Durga killed Kaal Bhairav at the spot of the temple who later came to be known as Baba Bhairavnath. Later he repented for his sins and the goddess herself bestowed him with the proclamation that a visit to her temple will be incomplete without paying homage to Baba Bhairavnath.
- You will have to walk a 3 Kms trek to reach the Bhairavnath temple. Offer your prayers to the deity and start a downward trek towards the Ardh Kumari Cave. The Ardh Kumari temple is positioned halfway to the Vaishno Devi temple. The place is also famous by the name Hathi Mattha for its peculiar shape which resembles the head of an elephant. The Ardh Kumari cave temple is famous as a place where goddess Vaishno Devi stayed and meditated as Mahakali for a duration of nine months when she was being chased by Kaal Bhairav. Many other interesting anecdotes are associated with the place.
- Worship at the Ardh Kumari cave temple before continuing your downward trek towards Katra. Our tour guide will meet you at the end of the trek to drop you comfortably at your hotel for a well-rested sleep.
- Meals: Breakfast and lunch are provided
- Start your day with a lovely breakfast in the hotel and complete your check-out formalities. Explore the local market to pick some souvenirs back home. In the afternoon, our tour guide will drop you at the Jammu Railway station for your return travel. En-route we will visit the Raghunathji Temple, Kand Kandoli Temple, and the Bagh Bahu Garden. On reaching the railway station, board the return coach for Delhi and depart from Jammu with the blessings of the deity.
Points to note
- Hotel prices can be adjusted for higher or lower categories on request. Featured hotels are subject to availability during booking, and you will be notified of any deposits when booking.
- Domestic airfares are quoted based on averages and are subject to change. The most convenient flight is booked and final price confirmed once tickets are issued based on the class of seat and availability.
- Visitors must carry woollen clothing and personal medicines for trekking.
- Alcohol consumption is strictly prohibited in Katra and near the Vaishno Devi Shrine.