Ardh Kumbh Mela is not only a grand celebration of divinity but also an astounding visual delight. Many photographers from all over the world come to the ground of Ardh Kumbh Mela to capture the glimpse of the celebration. Well, you do not need to be a professional to capture something amazing with a click. All you need is the love for photography and a camera.
You must have seen a mesmerising photograph of the ash-smeared sadhus and many people bathing in the river Ganga. Photographers often shoot bathing rituals and capture astounding shots of the celebration with a sunset backdrop at the Triveni Sangam. The Swiss Camp provides another amazing spot to get some inspiring photographs of the massive celebration.
It is absolutely amazing to witness people coming from all walks of life and uniting for eternal devotion and spirituality. Hundreds of people take a dip together in the sacred water of river Ganga irrespective of their colour, cast, or creed. Pilgrims and devotees from all over the world assemble at the ghats of river Ganga to perform ritual ablutions, wash away their sins and receive blessings. Devotees believe that a mere dip at the Triveni Sangam confluence will provide them salvation.
The visual delight is further complemented by the blissful smell of fuming joss sticks and mesmerising holy chants of the priests. Capture the excitement and exhilaration of the Ardh Kumbh Mela 2019 with our Ardh Kumbh Mela Photography Tour.
What is included in the tour
- Accommodation and inclusive meals
- Transfers and sightseeing tours
- Local guides fluent in English and Hindi for tours & transfers
- Entrance fees for scheduled visits
- Potable water and snacks
- Baggage handling, room tax, service charges
What is NOT included in the tour
- Flights, visas and travel insurance
- Surcharges on services if any
- Personal expenses and gratuities
- Alcohol and any meals or services not mentioned in the schedule
- Expenses for Puja and Prasad
- Take amazing photographs of the Ardh Kumbh Mela
- Enjoy enchanting morning and evening prayers
- Witness glimpse of amazing puja rituals performed at the ghats of river Ganga throughout the day during Ardh Kumbh commemoration
- Upon arrival, our tour guide will meet you at the Varanasi airport to assist you on your commute to Allahabad. Board the cab for a 4-hour drive. Our tour guide will drop you comfortably at your hotel in Allahabad. Complete your check-in formalities and relax for sometime before you head out to explore the religious town. You also have an option to stay at the Swiss Camp in Allahabad.
- Soak in the spiritual vibes of the city at the vibrant Ganga ghats. Visit the Ardh Kumbh Fair Ground at the Triveni Sangam. You have an opportunity to shoot various puja rituals, sacred ablutions, bathing rituals and proceedings of the celebration in your camera. You can also capture a glimpse of the Swiss Camp.
- In the evening, we will attend the fascinating Ganga Aarti adorned with hundreds of floating lamps in the river water. Experience the elation, enlightenment, and spiritual well-being while your take photographs of the ceremony. At night, we will drop you at the hotel for a restful sleep.
- Meals: Lunch and Dinner are provided
- Wake up early in the morning and enjoy a lovely breakfast in the hotel. Complete your check-out formalities before you proceed for Triveni Sangam to have a mesmerising visit to the Kumbh Mela Ground. Enjoy a refreshing holy bath in the sacred water at the Triveni Sangam. Witness the puja rituals performed by the pandas at the Triveni Sangam to assist the devouts. Perform ablutions and pay homage to the Rising Sun. Click some amazing photographs of the sunrise rituals.
- Witness the saints as they take the royal bath. Shahi snan is one the most frequently shot event of the Ardh Kumbh Mela. Capture glimpse of bare bodied, saffron clothed, matted-haired, and ash-smeared sadhus in various akharas. You can ask Akhara Sadhus for a photography session.
- View huge gatherings at the satsangs. Participate in various ongoing rituals like devotional singing, religious discussions on Vedas and other holy scriptures often called the Shastrarth, religious assemblies, and mass feeding of men and women. You will have the opportunity to shoot some amazing moments you have hardly ever seen earlier.
- Capture some unforgettable scenes of the event in your camera forever. Enjoy the calm of the river and the freshness of the air as the glittering ghats come alive in the evening. Towards dusk, we will drop you at the Allahabad Railway Station for your return commute. You can also opt for a drive to Varanasi Airport to board a return flight.
- Depart from Allahabad with blissful memories, impressive photographs, and amazing reminiscence of the Ardh Kumbh Mela.
- Meals: Breakfast and lunch are provided
Points to Note
- Hotel prices can be adjusted for higher or lower categories on request. Featured hotels are subject to availability during booking, and you will be notified of any deposits when booking.
- Domestic airfares are quoted based on averages and are subject to change. The most convenient flight is booked and final price confirmed once tickets are issued based on the class of seat and availability.
- You can opt for a hotel stay or stay at the Swiss Camp while booking for your tour package.