Who is not aware of the magnificence and glory of the Tirupati Balaji Temple? Often known as Sri Venkateswara, the temple is dedicated to Lord Vishnu, famous by the name Balaji in Northern India. The temple is located atop the seventh (called Venkatachala) among the seven peaks (Sapthagiri) of the Tirumala hill. Hence, Lord Venkateswara is also lovingly called by the name of Lord of the Seventh Hill. According to Hindu mythology, the seven peaks are believed to represent the seven hoods of the serpent Adishesha under which Lord Vishnu resides in the Vaikunth Dham. The temple has a divine sanctity in Hindu Vedas and Puranas. It is believed that worshipping Lord Venkateswara in the Tirupati Balaji temple provides mukti or freedom from the cycle of birth and death. Our Tirupati Temple tour takes you on a journey of devotion, enlightenment, and spirituality to an admirable and most sacred pilgrimage site.
Many anecdotes and fables of miracle are famous about the Tirupati Balaji Temple. According to ancient legends and inscriptions of Varaha Purana, Lord Sri Rama (from Ramayana in Treta Yuga) resided in the temple along with Devi Sita and brother Lakshman while returning from Lankapuri. The inside of the temple has various inscriptions in different languages like Sanskrit, Kannada, Telugu, and Tamil. These inscriptions specify the contribution of different empires like Pallava Kingdom, Chola Kingdom, and Vijayanagar Empire in the maintenance and upgrade of the temple. Despite a long journey through the pages of time, the temple has sustained its glory and grandeur. Located in the city of Chittoor, Andhra Pradesh, Tirupati Temple attracts many visitors from all over the world.
Embark on an awe-inspiring journey of devotion and witness the splendour of the temple with our Tirupati Temple tour.
What is included in the tour
- Accommodation and inclusive meals
- Transfers and sightseeing tours
- Local guides fluent in English and Hindi for tours & transfers
- Entrance fees for scheduled visits
- Potable water and snacks
- Baggage handling, room tax, service charges
What is NOT included in the tour
- Flights, visas and travel insurance
- Surcharges on services if any
- Personal expenses and gratuities
- Alcohol and any meals or services not mentioned in the schedule
- Charges for public transport like a rickshaw
- Expenses for Puja and Prasad
- Enjoy enchanting morning and evening prayers at different temples
- Visit mythologically significant emblems
- Explore exotic Indian culture and heritage via divine Hindu temples
- Upon arrival, our expert guide will meet you at the Chennai airport to assist you on your commute to Tirupati. Board the cab for a 4-hour drive. Our expert guide will drop you comfortably at your hotel in Tirupati. Once done with the check-in formalities, relax, unwind, and enjoy some tasty meal in the hotel before heading out to explore the spiritual town. Pay your homage at Sri Kalahasti Temple. We will visit the Papavinasam Theertham and Akashganga. Papavinasam is a natural waterfall. It is believed that the water of the fall comes from the feet of Lord Vishnu. Pilgrims and devotees take a refreshing dip in the holy water of the fall to wash away their sins. At night, we will drop you at the hotel for a restful sleep.
- Meals: Lunch and Dinner are provided
- Wake up early in the morning and enjoy a lovely breakfast in the hotel before commencing on a mesmerising visit to the Tirupati temple. Board the cab for a short journey to reach the Tirumala Hilltown for visiting the Tirupati Balaji temple. You have an option to participate in the Hair Tonsuring Ritual (Mottai) at the temple. No amount is charged at the temple for tonsuring. An interesting anecdote is associated with the Hair Tonsuring ritual according to which Gandharva Princess Neela Devi offered a portion of her hair to Lord Srinivasa when his scalp became bald after being hit by a Shepherd. Since decades, devotees follow the ritual of Mottai as a symbol of leaving behind their ego and thanking God for whatever good they have acquired over so many years of their life. The ritual is usually performed before darshan of Lord Balaji. Visit the temple, prostrate and pay homage to the deity. Balaji is also lovingly called Venkateswara Swamy by the locals.
- Our spiritual journey will continue with a visit to the other temples located on Tirumala which include Padmavathi - Alamelumanga Temple devoted to Mahalakshmi, ISKCON Temple devoted to Lord Krishna, Kapila Theertham, Sri Ramulavari Temple devoted to Lord Rama, and Govindaraja Swamy Temple. You can participate in the puja rituals performed at the temples.
- In the evening, we will drive back to your hotel in Tirupati for a well-rested night.
- Meals: Breakfast and Lunch are provided
- Start early and have a marvellous breakfast at the hotel. Complete your check-out formalities and board the cab for an awe-inspiring journey to important religious emblems. Enjoy a 1 hour 30 minutes drive to Kanipakam. Visit the Siddhivinayak Temple, a holy shrine devoted to Lord Ganesha. Worship the deity and perform puja rituals.
- We will continue our journey to Sripuram. Visit the Srinivasa Mangapuram Temple and pay homage to the deity. Our journey continues to the beautiful city of Vellore. Here, we will visit the Vellore Golden Temple, famously known as the Lakshmi Narayan Temple.
- In the evening, we will drop you at the Tirupati Airport for your return travel. Depart from Tirupati with pleasant memories and blessings of Lord Balaji.
- Meals: Breakfast and lunch are provided
Points to note
- Hotel prices can be adjusted for higher or lower categories on request. Featured hotels are subject to availability during booking, and you will be notified of any deposits when booking.
- Domestic airfares are quoted based on averages and are subject to change. The most convenient flight is booked and final price confirmed once tickets are issued based on the class of seat and availability.
- The time for visit and darshan of the Tirupati Balaji temple may vary according to the crowd.
- All the travellers must carry identity proofs for security checks at the temple.