If you go by anecdotes, Bodhgaya has served as a crucible for the genesis of Buddhism. It is the place that witnessed the transformation of Prince Siddhartha into Lord Buddha after attaining enlightenment under a bodhi tree. This tiny temple town is the most auspicious pilgrimage site of the Buddhists. Every year, thousands of pilgrims from all over the world, visit the religious town to pray, study, and meditate.
Despite the prime attraction of the town is the bodhi tree planted inside the Mahabodhi temple complex, there are various beautiful monasteries and Buddhist temples which are equally famous among the tourists. The ambience of the town provides a sense of monastic tranquillity along with backpacker comforts. The small-town hustle and the intense devotion make the town even more interesting for the visitors.
Bodhgaya has been declared a world heritage site by UNESCO. Since its inception, Buddhism has been growing as a religion that emphasizes renunciation, simplicity, and empathy for every living soul. All Buddhist disciples abide by the preachings of Lord Buddha. The simplicity, sagacity, and magnificence of the Buddhist preachings can still be sensed in the air of Bodhgaya. Perceive the tranquillity with our 4-days spiritual tour to Bodhgaya.
What is included in the tour
- Accommodation and inclusive meals
- Transfers and sightseeing tours
- Local guides fluent in English and Hindi for tours & transfers
- Entrance fees for scheduled visits
- Potable water and snacks
- Baggage handling, room tax, service charges
What is NOT included in the tour
- Flights, visas and travel insurance
- Surcharges on services if any
- Personal expenses and gratuities
- Alcohol and any meals or services not mentioned in the schedule
- Expenses for Puja and Prasad
- The fare for the optional boat ride
- Enjoy enchanting morning and evening prayers
- Visit mythologically significant emblems
- Explore exotic Indian culture and heritage via divine Hindu temples
- Witness glimpse of history via interesting museums and ancient historical wonders
- Upon arrival, our tour guide will meet you at the Varanasi airport to drop you comfortably at your hotel. Once done with the check-in formalities, relax, unwind, and enjoy some tasty meal in the hotel. Head out to explore the beautiful and mesmerizing city. Soak in the spiritual vibes of the city at the vibrant Ganga ghats. In the evening, we will attend the fascinating Ganga Aarti at the Dashashwamedh Ghat. Capture the glimpse of hundreds of floating lamps in the river. Nod in excitement to the rhythmic incantation of the sacred Vedic hymn to worship river Ganga. The experience fills every soul with elation, enlightenment, and spirituality. You also have the option to witness the Ganga Aarti on a boat. At night, we will drop you at the hotel for a restful sleep.
- Meals: Lunch and Dinner are provided
- Wake up early in the morning and enjoy a lovely breakfast in the hotel before you proceed for the checkout formalities. Our tour guide will take you to the Ganga ghat for an amazing boat ride. Known by the name Subah-e-Banaras, the mesmerizing morning boat ride will introduce you to the mystical spiritual activities and religious rituals performed at the Ganga Ghats. We will visit important ghats of Varanasi.
- We will also have a spiritual tour to important monuments and famous temples of Varanasi including the Kashi Vishwanath Temple, Bharat Mata Temple, Annapurna Temple, Manas Mandir, Sankat Mochan Hanuman Temple, and the BHU.
- In the afternoon, we will embark on an excursion to Sarnath. A holy place where the disciples of Lord Buddha received their very first sermon from him. Sarnath has various historical wonders including the Buddha Temples, Chaukhandi Stupa, Dhamekha Stupa, and Archeological Museum.
- Our spiritual journey will continue with a ride of 5h 50 mins to Bodhgaya. Our tour guide will drop you comfortably at the hotel in Bodhgaya. Complete your check-in formalities and relax for a while before heading out to explore the lovely town. In the evening, we will visit magnificent Buddhist monuments in Bodhgaya including the Lord Buddha temple, also called the Mahabodhi temple, Buddha statue, and the Bodhi tree. We will also visit amazing architectural masterpieces including the Sita Kund, Haleshwar Sthan, Janki Temple, and the Ram Chura (Vaishali).
- At night, we will drop you at your hotel for a restful sleep.
- Meals: Breakfast and lunch are provided
- Start early and have a marvelous breakfast at the hotel. Complete your check-out formalities and board the cab for a 6-hour drive to Gaya. Here, we will visit important temples dedicated to Lord Vishnu. The Vishnupad temple is one of the most sacred Hindu temples. According to legends depicted in religious texts, the footprints found inside the temple are believed to be of Lord Vishnu himself. Hence, the name of the temple.
- We will also visit some other important monuments including the Japanese temple, Tibetan temple, Chinese temple, and Phalunga river. Later, we will drive back to Varanasi. We will drop you at your hotel in Varanasi after a 6-hour drive. Complete your check-in formalities and rest at the hotel for the night.
- Meals: Breakfast and lunch are provided
- Start your day with a delicious breakfast and complete your check-out formalities. Board the cab to get transferred to the Varanasi Airport for your return travel. Depart from Varanasi with numerous pleasant and heartfelt memories of your trip.
- Meals: Breakfast provided
Points to note
- Hotel prices can be adjusted for higher or lower categories on request. Featured hotels are subject to availability during booking, and you will be notified of any deposits when booking.
- Domestic airfares are quoted based on averages and are subject to change. The most convenient flight is booked and final price confirmed once tickets are issued based on the class of seat and availability.