The YTTC - Yoga Teacher Training Program is a 28 days 200 hours fully residential Yoga Teacher Training certification. The program has been intelligently designed to introduce the participants to the finer nuances and benefits of yoga which can help them lead an overall enriching life. But you do not require to be a long-time practitioner or a yoga teacher to enrol for the teacher training program. Anyone who wants to learn more and explore how yoga can help them make beneficial lifestyle changes can enrol for the program. No matter if you have never ever tried yoga before or you do not have prior basic experience. The program has been smartly designed to suit every participant irrespective of their experience with Yoga.
Join our YTTC teacher training program tour to the Govardhan Eco-village for an awe-inspiring experience. The Eco-village has been so beautifully designed and well-kept that a mere visit to the place enthrals your senses. Learn numerous vitalizing, energizing & restorative yoga poses. Master the breathing & cleansing techniques. Learn simplified variations of asanas and breathing exercises to suit your comfort & safety. Embrace yoga as a part of your lifestyle to lead a more holistic existence.
The 28 days Teacher Training Course will be organized multiple times between November 2018 - March 2020. You can enrol for the following duration or dates:
- 01 Nov 2018 - 28 Nov 2018
- 01 Dec 2018 - 28 Dec 2018
- 04 Mar 2018 - 31 Mar 2018
- 01 Jul 2019 - 28 Jul 2019
- 01 Sep 2019 - 28 Sep 2019
- 03 Nov 2019 - 30 Nov 2019
- 03 Dec 2019 - 30 Dec 2019
- 04 Mar 2020 - 31 Mar 2020
What is included in the tour
- Accommodation and inclusive meals
- Herbal drinks and teas
What is NOT included in the tour
- Flights, visas and travel insurance
- Personal expenses and gratuities
- Participate and learn lessons on yoga
- Learn governing principles and important yogic techniques
- Participate in relaxing meditation sessions
- Learn the skills under the guidance of renowned gurus
- Explore the guidelines for being an ethical yoga teacher
- Partake in practical teaching workshops
Schedule For Each Day
- Every morning with initiate with a rejuvenating session of meditation and pranayam. You will also learn about some basic yoga asanas followed by a class on yoga techniques. Freshen up and cleanse your senses with a cup of Herbal Tea.
- You will have a brunch early at 9:30 followed by the next session of yoga.
- Yoga in itself is a very broad concept that covers various facets of life. Karma Yoga introduces you to the path of spiritual liberation via unselfish actions. Here the participants learn how simple acts and selfless service towards the society can help us make the world a little better for ourselves. You can assist in group cleaning activities and serving meals. You can also participate in community work at the Eco-village.
- You will also be introduced to Ayurveda, a traditional Indian science that applies the medicinal benefits of herbs and food to create a healthy lifestyle. Learn the secrets of Ayurveda and self-examine yourself to discover your Prakriti and doshas.
- Yoga is closely related to our scriptures and holy writings. In the theory session, you will be introduced to the excerpts from Bhagavad Gita to help you understand the philosophy and anatomy of yoga. You will learn about the 8 limbs of Yoga. You will explore Yoga Sutras by Patanjali. Learn about Chakras, Nadis and Panchakosha.
- You will also be introduced to basic Sanskrit language as it is commonly used in yoga, mantra recitation and sutras. You will learn about the origin of Bhagavad Gita. You will learn how you can apply the teaching of Bhagavad Gita in your daily life to begin a journey of self-discovery. You will also learn to chant the verses of Gita in Sanskrit.
- Yoga believes in cleansing the body inside out. In the relaxation therapy, you will learn about yoga nidra to help you rejuvenate your senses and relax your mind. You will be given a herbal drink after the session.
- The relaxation session will be followed by another class of theory to introduce the basics of Bhagavad Gita, philosophy and anatomy of yoga which will familiarize you to various body systems. Learn more about how yoga influences your body, organs, endocrine glands, and internal systems. Gain insights into the benefits of yogic practices. Also, explore the precautions you must take while practising yoga to avoid injuries and contraindicating.
- In this session, you will learn about pranayama, various yoga asanas and their benefits. Govardhan School of Yoga believes in providing a holistic inclusive experience of classical yoga as it was practised in ancient times. All the asanas are performed in a relaxed environment to promote complete relaxation of mind and body. The asanas are integrated with rhythmic breathing to activate the mind and release stress and tension. Different asana styles like restorative yoga, therapeutic yoga, classical hatha yoga and more are taught by proficient teachers through an eclectic approach, ancient methods, and scriptural references. All our yogic practices follow the Panchkosha approach for an overall, multi-dimensional psychological and spiritual development.
- In the Govardhan Eco-village, we follow a simple yogic lifestyle. You will get a delicious simple vegetarian dinner prepared from home-grown organic vegetables and grains.
- The day will end with a soulful Satsang session. Soak in the vibes of spirituality and rhyme to the holy tune of evening prayers. Our yogic sessions on Kirtan, Meditation, Mantra, Vedic Ecology, Vegetarianism, and compassionate communication will help you transform your life with the philosophy of simple living and high thinking.
- End your day with an unwinding and relaxing sleep amidst the proximity of an amazing place called Govardhan Eco-village.
- During the final week, we will assess and evaluate your learnings. You must participate in all the teaching sessions, submit a written summary about your learnings, manifest an understanding of learned skills, and create a presentation on a chosen topic for successful completion of the program. To ensure highest standards, the final assessment is conducted by an external examiner from the Yoga Vidya Gurukul. Those who successfully complete the course are awarded teacher certification and can pursue as a yoga teacher. Those who do not want to continue as a teacher can still benefit from the learnings by applying them to their daily lifestyle.
Points To Note
- You are required to attend all classes and teaching sessions.
- You must develop a positive attitude during kriya classes, pranayama, and practical asanas. You may take some time mastering them so learn patiently.
- You must complete weekly open assignments.
- Focus on developing yoga teaching skills if you want to pursue as a teacher afterwards.