Navagraha refers to the nine planets which include the Sun, the Moon, Mercury, Mars, Venus, Jupiter, Saturn, Ketu and Rahu. The most famous and revered Navagraha temples are located in Southern India in Tamil Nadu, Chennai, Uttar Pradesh, Assam, Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh, and Karnataka. Each of these temples symbolises the influence of planetary and cosmic forces thereby showcasing the heavenly powers of the nine planets.
The Navagraha temples of the South include the Suryanar Kovil or Suriyan Temple dedicated to Sun God, Kailasanathar or Chandran Temple in Thingalur dedicated to Moon God, Vaitheeswaran Koil Temple dedicated to Mars, Swetharanyeswarar Temple in Thiruvenkadu dedicated to Mercury, Apatsahayesvarar or Guru temple in Alangudi representing Jupiter, Agniswarar or Sukran Temple representing Venus, Tirunallar Saniswaran temple dedicated to Saturn, Tirunageswaram Rahu Stalam representing Rahu or Keelperumpallam Kethu Sthalam Temple dedicated to Ketu.
According to legends, the planetary deities were doomed by Lord Brahma to dwell in the wild white-flower jungle or the Vellurukku Vanam. Later, Lord Shiva blessed them to make their abode in the jungle. Six daily rituals are performed in the temples between 5:30 am to 9:00 pm. Two major festivals are celebrated in all Navagraha temples during a calendar year. Our Navagraha Temples tour takes you on an amazing escapade into the realms of mythology, devotion, and spirituality.
What is included in the tour
- Accommodation and inclusive meals
- Transfers and sightseeing tours
- Local guides fluent in English and Hindi for tours & transfers
- Entrance fees for scheduled visits
- Potable water and snacks
- Baggage handling, room tax, service charges
What is NOT included in the tour
- Flights, visas and travel insurance
- Surcharges on services if any
- Personal expenses and gratuities
- Any meals or services not mentioned in the schedule
- Charges for public transport like a rickshaw
- Expenses for Puja and Prasad
- Visit mythologically significant emblems
- Explore exotic Indian culture and heritage via divine Hindu temples
- Upon arrival, our expert guide will meet you at the Chennai airport to assist you with your further commute to Kumbakonam. Board the cab for a 6-hour drive to Kumbakonam. Our tour guide will drop you comfortably at your hotel in Kumbakonam.
- Once done with the check-in formalities, relax, unwind, and enjoy some tasty meal in the hotel before commencing your spiritual journey through the Navagraha Temples.
- We will visit the Chandran Temple in Thingalur representing the Moon God. Pay your homage to the deity. We will also visit the Jupiter Temple in Alangudi.
- In the evening, we will visit the mysterious Darasuram Temple dedicated to Lord Shiva and the Swamimalai Temple which one of the seven sacred abodes of Lord Murugan. Towards night, we will drop you back to your hotel for a restful sleep.
- Meals: Lunch and Dinner are provided
- Wake up early in the morning and enjoy a lovely breakfast in the hotel before you board the cab for another mesmerising tour of the spiritual town. Our spiritual journey commences with a sacred visit to the Suriyan or Suryanar Kovil Temple dedicated to the Sun God.
- We will also visit the Agniswarar or Sukran Temple in the village of Kanjanur representing planet Venus. Attend the puja rituals during Rahu Kalam in the Tirunageswaram Rahu Temple.
- In the afternoon, we will visit the Vaitheeswaran Koil Mars Temple. Towards the night, we will drop you back to your hotel for a restful sleep.
- Meals: Breakfast and Lunch are provided
- Start early and have a marvellous breakfast at the hotel. Complete your check-out formalities and board the cab for an awe-inspiring tour of Kumbakonam. We will visit the Tirunallar Saniswaran Saturn Temple, Thiruvenkadu Swetharanyeswarar Mercury Temple, and the Keelperumpallam Kethu Sthalam Temple. Pay your homage to the deity at the temples.
- Towards late evening, we will drop you to the Chennai airport for your return travel. Depart from Chennai with amazing memories of your soulful journey.
- Meals: Breakfast is provided
Points To Note
- Hotel prices can be adjusted for higher or lower categories on request. Featured hotels are subject to availability during booking, and you will be notified of any deposits when booking.
- Domestic airfares are quoted based on averages and are subject to change. The most convenient flight is booked and final price confirmed once tickets are issued based on the class of seat and availability.
- All the travellers must carry identity proofs for security checks at the temple.